Stay & Play In Wabash County June 9th-11th
Have you registered for Wabash Run The River and need to plan the rest of your weekend? Well, look no further! Here’s some fun tips for exploring Wabash County during the weekend of June 9th-11th. Enjoy these things with your partner, friends, or your kiddos!
- White Rock Recreation
- Rent a kayak or canoe and spend the afternoon on the Wabash River. White Rock offers several different trip options to accommodate families with littles and for those who like longer adventurers. LEARN MORE.
- Cordes Berry Farm
- Spend some time picking the juiciest and most wonderful strawberries right off the vine! Pay by the weight or save some time and enjoy their pre-picked berry options!
- Hiking and Waterfalls
- Wabash County offers 6 public waterfall experiences, each with varying difficulty. Our picks would be Charley Creek Falls is near our city park and across the street from Kelly’s Ice Cream, Charley Creek Gardens which is in a beautiful public-paved gardens, or Kissing Falls in the middle of a 1.7 mile hike in the Salamonie State Forest.
- 13-24 Drive In
- Pack up the family and enjoy a dose of nostalgia while watching a brand new movie, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse playing both Friday and Saturday night at sundown! Carloads of 4 or more are $20.
- 2nd Friday Street Festival
- Just 20-minutes from downtown Wabash is the town of North Manchester and enjoy a street festival with food trucks, local vendors, music, and more! They also will have the Eel River Cruisers car show!
- Ice Cream
- Who doesn’t love ice cream? Wabash County has no shortage of fantastic ice cream places! We have 8 in total – all with their own unique spins on America’s favorite summer treat! WHOA!
- Wabash County Museum
- Need inside plans due to heat or rain? I’ve got your back! Check out the kids play section of the musuem with several interactive exhibits! Learn about the history of the Canal, the railroad, and learn about Modoc, the runaway elephant.
- Local parks
- The County has no shortage of parks. Check out the closest park to downtown is Friendship Hill which is a completely inclusive park for kiddos with all abilities!
Arts & Entertainment
- Eagles Theatre
- Enjoy a newly released movie, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, in a 117-year-old completely resorted theatre! In 2022, The Eagles Theatre received a Cook Cup Award from the Indiana Landmark Association for how incredible the $16 million historic reservation was. LEARN MORE.
- JoJo’s OlFactory & Co.
- JoJo’s is a candle bar where you can make your own custom-scented soy candles, wax melts, sugar scrubs, room and car diffusers. Take the kids and make presents for loved ones, take your partner and make a custom scent to fill your home with, or go an make a car diffuser to enjoy all summer long! (Don’t forget to check them out during the Block Party becuase they are hosting a day spa with chair massages and more!)
Places 2 stay
- Charley Creek Inn
- Stay in the heart of Downtown Wabash at a boutique hotel where timeless elegance meets small-town luxury. Each room has its own style and theme making each stay a different experience. The best part is that you are only steps away from the Half Marathon and Block Party action!
- Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn is a brand-new pet-friendly hotel with great accommodations and just a few minute drive from Downtown Wabash. Enjoy a free hot breakfast for heading out for a day of adventuring and exploring all things Wabash County!
- Holiday Inn Express
- The Holiday Inn Express has an indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, and hot breakfast and is located just a few minutes from Downtown Wabash.
Places 2 Shop
- Don’t forget to pop into some of the boutiques and shops around the county, there is something for everyone! Check out a full listing HERE!
Places 2 Eat
- Whether you enjoy pizza or tapas, steak or salad – Wabash County has SO many options you simply can’t go wrong. Check out a full listing HERE!
Need more ideas? Check out our event calendar for a full list of events happening around the county! From Farmer’s Markets to town wide rummage sales! CLICK HERE!
- Bluegrass At Hopewell
- Plan a visit back to Wabash in late July for an incredible Bluegrass event with 6 live bands, food trucks, a full bar, brandy tastings, ice cream, and homemade mini pies! Tickets go on sale June 6th and they sell out fast! Get yours today! BUY TICKETS!
- Dam to Dam Century Bike Ride
- D2D is celebrating its 14th year this September and it is going to be the best year yet! From family fun to intense challenges explore our county on routes from 15, 30, 50. 62 (metric century), 80, 100, or 150 miles! Enjoy a complimentary breakfast, lunch, and a commemorative t-shirt. REGISTER NOW!